Tuesday, July 16, 2013

50 Mile Test Route

I have a route I ride from time to time, to gauge my progress. With the Strava app, it will track each time I ride that particular route, and in essence I am racing myself. This is my first result since I started employing the nasal breathing techniques I learned about in John Douillard's book, Body, Mind And Sport. My perceived exertion level is profoundly less than what it was. I recall on my effort last fall I felt I was pushing the whole time, probably gasping for air.

Look, a sprinkler just when I needed it!
The one caveat is today I'm riding a Cervelo P2-SL time trial bike that I borrowed for a few days. It is a bit too big for me, and the saddle doesn't fit me right, but it certainly does cut through the wind. So, it was a rather relaxing and enjoyable ride, fueled by organic potatoes and sea salt (1 before the ride, 1 during). As per the usual up here, the ride was enhanced by butterflies, song birds, turkeys,  whitetail deer, sparkling lakes and lush, pungent green forests. I love it.

Good to see and feel improvement over the past year.



No comments:

Post a Comment