Monday, August 25, 2014

Three Lakes Area Road Ride

Things I loved about today's ride:

  • Wet roads spraying a mist on my bare legs
  • Every shade of green
  • Pungent forest-scented breezes, far better than any perfume I've ever smelled
  • Visiting for a few minutes with the ladies at Teaching Drum. They age so gracefully and I admire that.
  • Going slow enough to nose breath except on hills, and enjoying the pace.
  • Highway 32 winds around lakes quite nicely.
  • Not one car on Divide Road.
  • Stopping to take pictures and eat berries.
  • Old growth forests.
  • Canopy roads.
  • Sunshine.
  • Singing out loud.
  • Smiling to myself.
  • The hawk that I was close enough to make eye contact with.
  • Pileated woodpecker flew in front of me.
  • Overcoming getting a little lost (name change on a road).
  • Riding on a road named Chicken-In-The-Woods.
  • 2nd best iced coffee I've ever had at the end, since I'd parked at Deja Brew.
  • 53 miles of awesomeness.


Hello, Spirit Lake.

Beautiful Military Road

Teaching Drum, where I stopped to purchase a couple books.


Love the roads up here











Nice ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment